Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Boy Who Would Be a Plane

I think it's already been established... Christopher loves planes. Actually, if it has wings, rails, or wheels or it flies, he's game. Transportation is his fascination. For Christmas, Olivia gave Christopher this great play dough set that has pieces to make cars, helicopters, trains, and, of course, planes. Tonight, our post-dinner excitement included a half hour of Chris flying his play dough plane and making the appropriate aviation noises to go along with it. Check out this video of him flying in circles!


At school this month, Chris and his little friends are learning about transportation so of course he is in heaven! He walked in on Thursday to find a table full of new toys including two really big planes. When I left him that day, he was flying one of the planes all around the room... Christopher has always been fascinating to me but he gets more and more interesting every day. The things he says and comes up with make me laugh and amaze me at the same time! For example, yesterday morning I saw him with his shoes on his hands, walking his hands (and feet) across the floor. When I asked him what he was doing, his response was, "I'm walking like a crab Mommy." Obviously! And after nap yesterday, we filled up the sink with bubbles and water and let him use the measuring cups to play. After about 15 minutes, he turned to me and said, "This is really fun Mommy!" He is also working on saying "Excuse me" when he wants to get by and one of us (or someone else) is in the way. When he does say it, it is so cute! He also notices everything. We were playing trains a couple days ago and he stopped, saying totally out of the blue, "It's getting dark outside, Mommy." And then later, "Look at the sunset, Mommy." (Of course, everything ends with Mommy!) We are having a blast with our boy!

No comments: