Friday, October 9, 2009

Won't you be mine

This is a picture of Christopher when he awoke from his morning nap today. Look at it closely because there are not going to be many more of these since our boy is in the process of dropping his morning nap (and what a process it is!). You also need to look carefully because it is not often that I am able to capture such a picture since this little squirmy wormy likes to try out a little gymnastics while on the changing table. I have found us wrestling with each other during diaper changes recently and not in the fun, WWF (excuse me, E) way either. Chris is constantly flipping from his back to his stomach in order to grab things that are in the diaper storage box on top of the dresser. "Well why not give him something to hold while you change him, Karin" I hear you saying. Hello? I'm a mother, don't you think I thought of that? Everything I have given him to hold recently ends up on the floor... everything, that is, except Mister Rogers. (Huh?). No not the real Mister Rogers. In the picture above, Chris is holding a key chain my mom gave me a couple years ago that has little buttons on it which, when pressed, have little sound bites of things Mister Rogers used to say. Some examples include: "Won't you be my neighbor" and "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day for a neighbor." This is the ONLY thing right now that is keeping Christopher on his back. Sometimes Chris will press one button over and over so that all you hear is "Won't you won't you won't you won't you... be my neighbor." Believe me, it's not annoying when you can actually change his diaper without getting poo on his leg!
(Yes, there is cantaloupe in his teeth from lunch. He was saving it for a snack).

No comments: