Thursday, October 29, 2009

Little Red Spots

It appears that little Christopher had the same reaction to amoxicilin that I had five years ago. Last night as we were getting him ready for bed, I noticed two little spots on his leg. Okay, not too worrisome but it certainly got my "Mommy-on-alert" antenna going. Well, this morning the bumps spread... and spread... and spread some more. So it was back to the doctor for us! Turns out the amoxicilin has done NOTHING over the past 10 days (aside from giving my little boy a nasty rash) and the ear infection is now in BOTH of his ears. Fabulous! So my poor baby was incredibly uncomfotable all day and essentially cried for 2 hours (at least) because he was unable to sleep and was, therefore, super cranky. We are now on our second antibiotic plus ear drops plus Tylenol plus Motrin (glad I did a drug-free delivery for our little man). And if that wasn't bad enough, we're watching the Yankees in their mediocre performance in game 2 of the World Series. I guess they thought winning the ALCS was enough. (I really hope they prove me wrong--it's only the 5th inning as of this writing). I hope to have better news tomorrow!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Poor thing, that is stinky!! I hope he feels better. Yeah Yankees! My two favs hitting it out bb!!