Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Funny Story

So awhile back, my friend Randa told me a funny story about her daughter Maddie... One night, they were sitting at the table having dinner and Maddie happened to be, well, very gassy. Every time she was gassy, Randa told her to say "excuse me." This was happening quite frequently on this particular night and one time, Maddie forgot to say those magic words. Randa said (as we mothers always do to get our kids to use their manners) "Maddie, what do you say?" to which Maddie replied, preacher style, "Can I have an amen?" Hahahahaha! I enjoyed this story so much that I repeated it to other friends of mine several times. Everyone else that I told it to enjoyed it... including Christopher who, of course, overheard me telling the story to everyone and he loved the phrase "Can I have an amen?" So he started saying the phrase too, with all of his Christopher energy. This first happened several months ago and it hasn't stopped since.... So tonight we had Olivia and her parents over for dinner and Matt got Christopher going with his amens. Finally, after several "Can I have an amen"s, Olivia joined in on the action. Here is a little clip of the dinner time fun!

No comments: