Sunday, May 23, 2010

Number One Fan

I don't have a visual for this, but I came home from my first triathlon of the season and got the best hug ever from my little man! The boys were on their own for a bit this morning while I competed (and I use that term loosely) in the Kansas City Triathlon. Of course, when I came home I was also treated to some of the new games Daddy taught Christopher, including the game known as "Stand Up on Kasey's Chair and Have Daddy Pull Your Feet Out Quickly." This was a good one that Christopher then wanted me to participate in. I had to be the party pooper though and I told him that could be his special game to play with his pops. You may be wondering why the boys did not come to the race to cheer me on this morning, but would you like to chase our little speedy boy around a place that has thousands of people and no park to play on? (Or get up at 4:30AM and feed a hungry boy on the go?) Anyway, it was all worth it to get that long hug from Chris, even though I was sweaty and slimy from the (cold, cold) lake. It also made him laugh that I had numbers written on my arm. It cracks me up that those numbers cracked him up! The race was good. I wanted to go faster than last year but the swim was not my friend today. My bike and run times were quicker than last year but man, that swim! Mama has to get in the lake more. Maybe Chris will be my pace setter when we start swimming this summer.

No comments: