Saturday, July 11, 2009

This time last year

I know what you're thinking. I can hear the voices inside your head as you read the title of this blog post. Those voices are telling you, "Man, this lady doesn't even know her own son's birthday. Doesn't she know CJ was born on the 18th? You'd think she would remember such an important day in her life." Well let me set you straight. It was this time last year that Brian and I saw our last movie together in a theater--that is, until last night. I had not even thought of this fact until we walked into the theater last night to see "The Hangover." Great movie! Definitely not G, PG, or even PG-13. And very funny. The theater we went to has this great service called "Fork and Screen" where you can get dinner and drinks while you watch the movie. The theater has the same set-up as a regular one except you have a counter in front of you for your food. It was fabulous! And although the food was average, my (one, two, three) pomegranite martinis were out of this world... Christopher was home with a new babysitter while we went out (poor Kay had foot surgery and is out of commission for several weeks!) and did a good job. Brian and I had a lovely date night and look forward to another one soon.

No comments: