Friday, July 31, 2009

Go!

So my fabulous "team in training" (CJ and Kasey) joined me for a trail run on this absolutely stunning day in Kansas. I've been getting up early to run (5AM) recently because, to be honest with you, pushing the stroller is not always my favorite form of getting a jog in. But on a day like today, I could have been pushing triplets and it would have been awesome. We went out a mile and a half to our usual turn-around point and began heading back to the car. I felt very light on my feet and Kasey was all "emptied out" and had some kick. On our way back, Christopher began saying something which I couldn't quite make out. It seemed like he was saying "Ga." So I repeated back "Go!" and he kept saying "Ga" and we went back and forth like this about 6 times. Each time he said "Ga" I ran faster and faster. It was great motivation! Now, who knows if he was really repeating "Go" when I said it, but it was fun nonetheless. Next run I expect CJ to be saying "faster" after his "ga."

No comments: