Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentines: Baby Style

Remember those days in grade school when you used to decorate a shoebox with stickers and heart shaped doilies and then all your friends would make valentines and put them in your little valentine mailbox? These days, valentine giving is getting a bit more sophisticated. Last year, my kindergarten class went crazy with the elaborately assembled (yet very cute) candy concoctions that left the decorated mailboxes simply overflowing. So that was the vision dancing through my head when Christopher's Kindermusik teacher announced last week that everyone was to bring in a Valentine's Day treat for the other babies in the class. I was wondering how the babies were going to digest all that chocolate and then it hit me... the mommies were going to be in charge of "disposing" of the yummy treats. "Yay!" I thought. I even ran three miles before class to create a deficit. But to my surprise today, we only ended up receiving one chocolate treat. The mommies actually got creative and made or purchased fun toys for the babies to play with. In the picture to the left, Chris is holding up an egg shaker that one mommy made. I got as creative as making a trip to Target yesterday to buy a little chocolate treat. I'm losing my teacher touch! Anyway, our little guy enjoyed his first Valentine's Day party with all his Kindermusik friends and is looking forward to the day when he can actually eat chocolate rather than green beans.

No comments: