Monday, February 8, 2010

Runnin' Man

It's funny because when you look at this picture above, Christopher's expression could go either way. He could be smiling with joy to be in such a great picture or he could be saying "Eeeeeh" in an attempt to break free from his mother's arms. You decide... You will notice that the proud parents of CJ Woglom were a little dressed up in this picture. When it was taken, we were on our way out the door to celebrate an early Valentine's Day dinner out at Piropos, a fantastic (fantastic!) Argentinian restaurant in North Kansas City. Thank you to Grammy for watching the Buds while we had a nice night out. And let me tell you, this vegetarian had one of the best peppercorn encrusted filet's she has ever had! Here is a pic of the escapees sans Christopher (we don't take many "couple" pictures now that we have a child so I thought I would include it in this post):
Today, Chris really needed to get out so Grammy and I took him to Monkey Bizness for a little "crazy kid" time. He got to run and jump and climb and slide for an hour and a half. It is really fun to see him climbing on so many things all by himself now. He is one busy little man! He was so busy, in fact, that he wore himself out and took a solid three hour nap for us. And the pictures below will show you what a three hour nap can do for you:


That's right, Christopher just ran around the family room area for almost an hour. He has been doing this quite often now. He will just do laps back and forth forever. Sometimes he'll ask me to say "On your mark, get set, go" and other times he'll just want one of us to chase him around or he'll chase us and laugh hysterically. When I watch Chris run, I think of some of the times when I griped about "having to go for a run." I look at him and see the utter joy he gets out of running and use it as inspiration the next time I go out to do the same. I mean, look at his face! I want to be able to run a marathon with that expression on my face the whole time... While all this was going on, Kasey (who was dying for a little attention) was playing with Grammy and her yet-to-be-chewed-up Hillary stuffed animal.
The playing didn't last long, though, as a good belly rub sounded like a better idea.

No comments: