Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"I like blue!"

Some of you know the story referenced in the quote above, but for those who don't, let me share. It's not a very long tale but when Brian was young (help me out Grandma and Grandpa--preschool? kindergarten?) he waltzed into his class and announced to the teacher, "I like blue!" Well, folks, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Last week, Christopher pointed to a blue crayon and said "blue." We were so excited and he said it a few more times that week. Now he points to everything that is blue and says "blue" (or in his pronunciation, "boo"). Today at Kindermusik, the kids were playing with sensory balls. Although he received the yellow one from the teacher, he later "traded" with another child for the blue one. Then he kept bringing it over to me and saying "blue." When you look around our house, it's really no wonder why the kid likes blue; it's everywhere from our dining room table decor to his straw cup to Brian's cool coat (I promise he doesn't really wear it anymore!) to, well, Christopher's room. Although he does enjoy pointing to the purple train car in "Freight Train" I do believe there will come a day in preschool when Chris will make the same proclamation as his father once did.

No comments: