Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Swim Team and The Growing Garden

It's that time of year again--swim team has started!! This is Christopher's favorite time of year and he was so happy to get back in the pool. This year, he got a swim cap and he swears it makes him faster. It has been beautiful weather this week so it's a pleasure to sit pool side (or follow Jonathan around the poolside when he is at practice with us!)... The garden is getting close to full bloom too. It is so nice to see things that I planted last year come back even better this year...

It is amazing to see the veggies growing too. Remember those small zucchini plants? They are on the left and getting bigger by the day! We decided to train them to grow up so that we might get bigger zucchinis this year.
Christopher's plot is getting bigger by the day too...
My greens are doing well. I made a salad from them the other day and the chard is just about ready to harvest and sauté. I've also been throwing herbs into everything I can find because the basil, parsley and cilantro are exploding!
Also, Jonathan does funny things. This has been established. Today's funny thing... After we talked to Daddy on the phone at lunch, he said, "I'm going to pretend on the phone... Hello, this is Alexander Hamilton and I am on the phone. What? Oh, Mommy, he said 'It's Showtime!'"

No comments: