Monday, May 8, 2017

What Time is It? Showtime!!! Hamilton!

Christopher and I took a trip up to Chicago this weekend to (wait for it, wait for it) see Hamilton! We also visited Chrissie and her family and that will be the subject of another post. We have been listening to the Hamilton soundtrack (non-stop) since October and we finally made it up to see the show live. I was excited and, as you can imagine, someone else was equally fired up!
It was so wonderful to share this experience with Chris and it did not disappoint! The show passed all our expectations. The acting was wonderful and, after listening to the music so much, it was great to see the dancing, acting, and facial expressions that went with the music we know so well.
I've seen many Broadway shows in my life, but this surpassed them all! It is a work of genius and there were times during the show when I had to pinch myself to make sure we were actually watching it. We are so lucky to have seen it. Definitely the best birthday present ever!!

No comments: