Monday, March 12, 2012

Update

Well, there have been fewer blog posts recently because we've been very busy. Not only are we busy with Christopher's schedule but we just bought a new house! We are staying in Kansas, just moving closer to where Brian works. Yay! More updates to follow as we progress with that...

In other news, Christopher is obsessed with Luca's dog, Bailey. And when I say obsessed, I'm not even exaggerating. Since December, Bailey has entered into our daily discussions nonstop. Within the past 3 weeks, Chris has even assumed the role of Bailey in his everyday life! When he goes to school, he greets his teacher, Miss Debbie, with barking. Thank God for her because she just barks right back at him and plays along with this whole thing! When people ask what his name is and I say "Christopher" he corrects me and says "No, I'm Bailey."Most people get it, thank goodness. At home, he pretends he is Bailey, I am Lindsey and Brian is Paul (Luca's dad). Meanwhile, Kasey is Luca. It all gets very confusing when we actually hang out with the Montello family... Anyway, at other times I assume the role of Sasha (Maddie's dog) and Brian becomes Nadia (one of Grandpa T's dogs) and Chris always remains Bailey. Together we are the Rescue Dogs! Every day I wake up wondering if I am going to be Karin, Lindsey, or Sasha. Chris becomes fascinated with what dogs like and what they do as well. When we got his hair cut last week, he went to the "groomer" to get it done. When I give him a snack, he is having "doggie treats." When I put him down for a nap, he "sets up his crate." Today we spent the morning with Luca and it was nice so we went for a walk. Lindsey made Christopher's day by letting him hold (real) Bailey's leash. Here he is getting ready to head out the door...


The boys got their exercise today too! Sometimes I wonder where all of Christopher's energy comes from. Today, Luca had just as much energy and together they jumped... and jumped... and laughed... and jumped!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Yeah, I only made it through two seconds of the vid before I was tired. Thank God for kids.