Thursday, December 3, 2009

To the moon!!!

Just a quick little story... Anytime we read a book that has a picture of the moon in it, Christopher points and laughs--hence the current popularity of "Goodnight Moon" for him. (Some of you will be happy to know that even though I have the same book in French--"Bonsoir Lune"-- Christopher still prefers the English version). Anyway, we were outside the other night at dusk and the full moon was out so clearly in the sky. When I pointed it out to Christopher a huge smile came across his face. As I was holding him, he motioned for me to put him down on the driveway. When I did, he started running... right for the moon! He would stop every few steps, check to make sure it was still there, and continue on. I had to stop him before he made it to the street, mind you. Later on we discussed that no matter how much he runs, he won't be able to get to the moon. He'll have to be an astronaut someday to get there!

1 comment:

Liz said...

How cute is he?!