Friday, December 18, 2009

Three tales

STORY 1:
Last night was the annual Jeff and Kay Christmas extravaganza at our neighbor's home. We brought Christopher to the party last year and it was pretty easy to manage him because you could just plop him down and have him sit anywhere. This year was a bit more of a workout for us. Because Kay's stairs are not blocked off, we had to constantly chase after CJ to make sure he didn't take a nice dive down to the bottom floor of the house. Kay also goes all out with her beautiful Christmas decorations which Christopher likes to admire with his hands. Therefore, I think I repeated the phrases "gentle hands" and "no touch" a thousand times! If, for some reason, our little man disappeared for a minute, we only needed to go into Kay's kitchen where there are lots of ovens, dishwashers and microwaves to look at. The boy is happy in a kitchen which I hope makes his future wife happy as well. All in all we had a great time at the soiree and we are so thankful for our wonderful neighbors and the nice people who live in our neighborhood.

STORY 2:
Christopher is 17 months old today. Holy cow!

STORY 3:
Whenever I put Christopher down for a nap, he sits up and watches me walk out of the room. Right before I close the door, I send him a kiss by kissing my hands and blowing it over to him. This morning, as Daddy was leaving for work, we walked over to the door to say goodbye. Christopher gave his Daddy a wave and then put his hand up to his mouth and "kissed" him goodbye. I know... AWWWWWW! So stinkin' cute!

1 comment:

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Our toddler Orry broke my mom's lamb from the nativity set this year.... not good. Yes it's more of a workout going somewhere with kids once they can move. :-) I love the blowing kisses story. My oldest (8) gave me the Kissing Hand this year, from the book. He was so sweet.