Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lights Please

Last night, Christopher took part in a holiday tradition that has spanned the generations. He sat right down on the couch with Mommy, Daddy, and Kasey and watched his very first "Charlie Brown Christmas." It is something I never miss and I hope that Chris enjoys it as much as we do. The special itself is only half an hour and our little man sat quite comfortably with us the whole time. He did relocate to different parts of the couch, testing out each individual cushion. But he was satisfied to hang with his parents.
I also have a tradition of watching "Charlie Brown Christmas" with my friend, Lauren. We always laugh at the end when all the kids gather around the tree and sing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" because we think it's funny when they stick their faces up in the air and sing "do do do do do do do do." Well, apparently Christopher has inherited his mother's sense of humor because he thought that was pretty funny as well! To make the evening complete, as we went into CJ's room to get him ready for bed, we looked out the window and there was a perfect coating of snow on the ground. It doesn't get much better than that! (Except for the 45 mile per hour winds and sub-zero temperatures at 3 in the morning).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it!!! I only wish that I was there with you guys to join in the laughter at the end (My favorite part) Glad to hear that CJ enjoyed it too!

Miss you!
Love,
Lauren