Monday, October 6, 2008

Finally!!!

O....M....G!!! My humans have finally remembered that I exist and need a lot more exercise! Today, Mom took Chris and I to the dog park on 119th Street for the first time in I don't know how long. I think Mom was a little disturbed when Cary remarked yesterday that I've put on a few pounds so she was moved to do something about it. All morning since that crazy baby woke up, I could tell that Mom had something up her sleeve. I think it was like 8AM when I heard her say, "Blah, blah, blah, dog park, blah, blah." My ears perked up and I headed for the door. But each time I saw her move in my direction, she then changed direction because that baby needed something. Well, I need something too! Exercise! This slow running with Mom just isn't cutting it. She's going to have to get a little faster if either of us are going to drop a few pounds. I waited and waited and we finally got in the car to go. I think Chris fell asleep once we got to the park because I didn't hear a peep out of him the whole time. Of course, I was a bit distracted, what with all my squirrel chasing. I also met a little terrier friend who was a beagle/terrier mix, really, and we wrestled in the dirt. I have to say I have lost a little speed over the months, but I am determined to get it back. Mom and I had a conversation on the way back while Chris continued to sleep. She and I made a pact to get back into shape together. Right now, though, I prefer running with Dad because he is way faster than Mom. But don't worry, we're working on it.

No comments: