Saturday, April 11, 2020

Can't Stop Us Now

We have a standing date with the Groden family each year to participate in their "Passover for (mostly) non Jewish families" and we were not going to let a global pandemic stop us this year! We just had to make a few minor adjustments. For starters, we didn't have to go anywhere and we carried out the Seder on Zoom. Secondly, I had to cook a lot more than I typically do, but who cares? It was fun and what else to do when stuck at home on a Saturday but cook? I had my assistants here to help. Chris made the Charoset...


Jonathan helped make the matzo balls for the soup...
In place of the lamb shank, I roasted some beets (for the first time ever)...
And of course I made the potato kugel which is the dish I usually bring to Danna's house...
Due to the nature of things at grocery stores, I was unable to find horseradish but aside from that, our Seder plate was complete! We also made it a vegan Seder plate and meal from start to finish!
It was a very fun evening, different because we couldn't actually hug our friends but it was as great a substitution as possible!
It was fun to dress up too! Mostly we've all been hanging out each day in comfy clothes and it felt great to dress up for a few hours. Jonathan even wore buttons... by choice!

No comments: