Saturday, March 21, 2020

"Ordinary" Saturday Morning...

Why not document an ordinary Saturday (which is actually starting to look like every other day of the week except Daddy doesn't have to park himself at his "work station" also known as the dining room)? I wish I had pictures of the first thing this morning but I'll just tell you about it. I went to Target to see if I could get my hands on some paper towels. I was there about ten minutes before it opened and we were all kind of just standing in the parking lot (six feet away from each other of course) and waiting in the cold for the doors to open. Everyone was silent. I was thinking of saying, "You guys! We have a chance right now to talk to multiple people before we have to return to our homes--let's have '6 feet away conversations'!" Alas I did not say that but it would have been interesting to see who would have taken the bait. It is the midwest after all... I just needed two things at the store (paper towels being one of them). When the doors opened everyone who had been standing 6 feet away from the next person went right into the toilet paper aisle and were, therefore, 6 inches from the next person. I was able to get my paper towels which were in an adjacent aisle. I made it home in one piece and proceeded to wash my hands for 20 seconds while singing Lizzo in my head...

Meanwhile at home, this is how our kids were spending the morning while I was the sacrificial shopper...

Jonathan was assembling Legos:
Chris was working on developing his car company (I'm not kidding, the kid is going to have a business plan and a patent by the end of this quarantine!):
Holly was getting cozy on the couch:
And Athena was working hard at being cute:

Meanwhile, Daddy is on the elliptical and I went for a walk/run. I probably ran more than I should have but that is what this being home bound stuff is doing to me!

No comments: