Monday, May 7, 2018

St. Louis

Christopher and I hit the road Friday morning to head over to St. Louis! Our main reason for going was to see U2 up close and personal but we also squeezed in a few other fun things along the way. The ride over to STL takes about 4 hours and I loved watching Chris in the backseat reading the atlas to see where we were. I used to do the same thing on our long drives down to North Carolina as a child. When we arrived in St. Louis, we grabbed lunch and headed over to the City Museum. I don't even know if I have words to describe what a cool museum this is! Definitely not for little kids! Chris was a great age to take there. It was full of crazy climbing contraptions and slides that made me think "Has this been inspected?" But it was so creative and so cool. We spent about an hour there because we needed to rest up for a late night but it was a ton of fun...


And then the reason we went to STL--U2!!! Again, words can't describe this concert. It was amazing! I tried to compare it to the Bruce Springsteen concerts I've been to but you can't even compare the two because they are so different performance wise. U2 is so innovative and can still rock and it was amazing to have this be Christopher's first concert experience. I don't think it can be topped! (Setting the bar high!). We had really awesome seats and as we were waiting for the show to start, The Edge's guitar tech, Dallas, came over and asked me what my son's name was. Then he introduced himself, gave Chris one of Edge's autograph inscribed guitar picks and said, "You are the only one I am giving one of these to tonight." I mean... WOW! We were both pretty much speechless. We had made friends with the people around us as we waited and they were all in awe! That would have been enough right there to make the night awesome but then we were treated to the stage being about 15 feet away and this band who I have loved since I was at least 11 were performing right in front of my face! Chris hung in like a trooper til the end of the concert and we were so fired up the rest of the weekend! Here are some pictures...





An unbelievable night! The next day, we visited the Gateway Arch. Unfortunately we couldn't go up in it because we hadn't bought tickets ahead of time but I'm glad Chris got to see it. We also saw a movie about how they made the arch which was very cool. It was a great weekend with my big boy!

No comments: