Tuesday, December 4, 2018

The Cone of Shame

It's all fun and games until someone is wearing a cone... Let me preface this by saying two things:

1. All is good, really!
2. Tuesday evenings need to stop including trips to urgent care/emergency rooms.

Long story short, I let the dogs out before dinner to run around the backyard. They were maniacs! I saw them zooming back and forth, having a great time in the cold weather. I let them in as usual and the next thing I know, there is a trail of bloody paw prints going around the kitchen. Thank God Christopher was able to help me figure out which dog was injured and he isolated Athena so I could get the crate and put her in it while we figured out what to do. Her back paw was bleeding and had obviously been cut but it didn't look too bad so we took 5 minutes to clean up the blood before it dried and called Brian and the emergency vet. In a moment of quick thinking, I had Chris grab his dance stuff because the emergency vet is across the street from the studio, where he had class this evening. We brought Athena to the vet where they had to sedate her and put a couple stitches in the bottom of her paw. This is an extremely inconvenient place for stitches so it is bandaged to the max and we have to limit her activity for the next 10-14 day (right). I guess it could have been a whole lot worse. Aside from being extremely peeved and embarrassed about her cone, she is managing okay. We had to go out and get a larger crate in order for her to fit inside with said cone so the living room looks awesome with all our Christmas decorations and a big ass crate in it!

No comments: