Friday, August 18, 2017

School Visits

This year, both of my boys got to visit classrooms for the coming school year! Christopher spent about 20 minutes this morning, picking out his clothes, putting gel in his hair, and packing his backpack with pictures and items to decorate his locker! He is very excited for all the new responsibilities that come with being a third grader...
Next, we visited Jonathan's new school. This morning, when I said we were going to visit his school today, J asked "Are you going to drop me off?" When I said no, he was NOT happy about it. "I want you to drop me off!" Well, I think we know where he stands on the whole "going to school" thing! He went in and got right down to the business of playing...
Amazingly, he left without tears. When we got home, Christopher was so excited to start being Jonathan's teacher that he spent an hour teaching him how to do a project about cows complete with drawing, coloring and cutting, reading stories and having circle time. It was swell for me because I could get our lunches ready in peace. I wish C discovered his love of teaching earlier in the summer!

No comments: