Friday, April 21, 2017

Earth Day Run

This morning was the annual Pembroke Hill Earth Day Run at Loose Park. It was a cool and fun morning and of course the kids all sprint out ahead of us at full speed. There is no such thing as "pacing yourself" when you are 8 years old and all your friends are taking off (and the run is only a mile). I, however, was pushing a 35 pound load in a jogging stroller, which I don't usually do anymore, so it was walk up the hills, run down the hills for us! It was a great morning with friends. I met Chris back at school later for and Earth Day picnic lunch at which I had the best veggie burger I've ever had. The cook at Christopher's school apparently makes the veggie burgers from scratch. Next time, I'm going to see if I can get her to share her recipe!

No comments: