Sunday, December 11, 2016

Now Listen to My Declaration


Ever since we started listening to "Hamilton" Christopher has been fascinated with everything related to the Revolution, the Constitution, and our founding fathers. While I was going through some boxes in the basement, I came across a packet of imitation documents from the Revolutionary era. Growing up where I did, Grammy took me to just about every major Revolutionary site that there is so we ended up with some cool souvenirs! There is a copy of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights as well as imitation colonial money and a call to arms by General Washington. Above, he made a "quill" and is pretending to write the Declaration. And yesterday, we stopped at US Toy to get something for Jonathan so I told Chris he could pick something out as well. What was his first choice? Obviously... a tricorne hat. 

No comments: