Sunday, November 27, 2016

Thanksgiving Back East

We returned Friday from a fantastic trip back east to see friends and family. The cousins especially had a fun time together, with Chris having three sleepovers with Poppy, Elsie and Bennett and Jonathan getting to spend a lot of time with them as well. No sleepovers for him yet but that time is coming! For now, the "run game" (a.k.a. running down the upstairs hallway at Grandma and Grandpa's with the big kids) will have to do. Chris got to go to an Army football game and the Radio City Christmas Show. I also took the boys skating at Rye Playland and we saw Bennett play hockey. I also had a blast taking Chris over to New Jersey to see where I grew up and the houses I lived in over the years.





This trip was a lot of fun for me as well because I got to spend a lot of time in Jersey seeing great friends and visiting my hometown, which I don't get to see as often now that Grammy is not living there. We had our 20th high school reunion so it was fun catching up with dear friends and friends I haven't seen in years. I also got to visit with my softball coach/history teacher/mentor, Karen Kosch (second picture down). I even got to take Chris back to my old high school!




No comments: