Sunday, June 30, 2013

Surfing Mommy

When in Hawaii... I couldn't go all the way to Maui and Kauai and not get on a board. I took a lesson with professional surfer Charlie Smith on the waves of Hanalei Bay. I can now say that I've surfed in Ireland, La Jolla, Southampton and Kauai. Out of all of those places, Kauai had the most beautiful and even waves I've ever surfed on! They were super smooth and easy to stand up on. It was great to have Brian and Christopher actually get to watch me this time too. In La Jolla, it was rainy so they went to an aquarium. In Southampton, they had to park at a beach farther away. So this time, they were able to swim and play in the sand while they watched me catch some waves. Brian was even able to get a video!


After the lesson, the instructor found some shallow water to put the board in and Chris tried standing up on the board. Of course, he loved it and as soon as he's able to, I just know that boy is going to ride some waves. He got to boogie board while we were in Hawaii so that's a start. Now if we could only find a beach in Kansas...

No comments: