Friday, April 12, 2013

The Christopher Digest

Just some goings on since I last posted, lest you thought I would never write another blog entry! We just don't take as many pictures as we used to but all of you readers inspire us to keep on documenting...

Last weekend we celebrated Elliot's second birthday at the Titus house. It turned out to be a beautiful day and Chris is at the point now where he just goes off and plays which is fabulous. Here is Elliot riding shotgun with Chris behind the wheel:
Notice Biscuit the dog is keeping an eye on the driver! Chris, Olivia and Elliot have been spending a lot of time together and it is so nice to see these guys grow up together. This week I watched the three of them while Jaime had her school conference and it was a pleasure to see Chris and Elliot racing back and forth and really interacting with each other. Little Elliot is kind of like a little brother to Chris and I am so grateful for that! Meanwhile, Olivia and I were writing stories together which was so incredibly fun too. Today, they rode bikes and scooters at an indoor gym because it's still cold here. I mean seriously, April. Get it together!

This week also included a playdate with Christopher's neighbor friend, John and his two sisters, Katie and Mary Jane. Here are Chris and John standing proudly next to the mega-long train they built:
The kids in the neighborhood are all playing together a lot more, especially when we did have a few warm days last weekend. It is great to have Chris ask if he can go over to Molly's house next door or the girls' house across the street. And it is so nice to have such sweet kids for Chris to play with. We'll see how long the older girls will put up with the boys tagging along but so far so good!

Today I had Christopher's school conference and it was cool to see how our little guy has progressed over the year. I got to see his work samples from October compared with some taken recently. Really fun stuff! It is hard for me to take off my teacher hat and put on my Mommy hat at such events but I think I did alright. The best thing Ms. Karen said was that she loves how Christopher's smile just lights up the whole room. We know that already but it's always nice to hear what a happy boy he is.

Finally, I measured Chris yesterday and weighed him as well and he is 45 pounds (which he has been for almost a year now). He is also 44.5 inches which puts him in the 93rd percentile for height. We haven't exposed him to much basketball yet but now that John has an adjustable hoop in his driveway, we may need to start encouraging that! He did root hard for Michigan during March Madness, after all...

No comments: