Sunday, December 9, 2012

Mrs. Claus

To top off a very busy and festive weekend, Chris, Daddy and I went to the LaBarge residence (friends Emily and Connor) for an evening of delicious eats and storytelling from none other than Mrs. Claus herself! So my friend Sarah (mother to Emily and Connor) used to be a teacher and worked with a wonderful kindergarten teacher who has since retired and now does storytelling on a regular basis. This woman was awesome and Chris and the other kids really got into the event. Here they are enthralled by her first story...
Christopher even volunteered to play a role in her telling of the Gingerbread Man. Check out his festive hat...
The evening was fun for everyone! Mommy had to leave early for the meeting of a committee I serve on but Daddy's skills were shown when he had to help Chris decorate an ice cream cone "Christmas tree" with green icing and jelly beans. I saw the finished product when I got home and it looks delicious! Oh and did I mention it was a pajama party???

No comments: