Wednesday, February 2, 2011

And now...

An open letter to the Shawnee Mission School District,

I understand closing school on Tuesday... there was a blizzard.

I understand closing school today... many roads were still impassable.

But Thursday also? Are you kidding me? Because it's cold outside? Here's a news flash: dress your kids in layers while they wait for the bus to pick them up. A little crisp, frigid air will do them good. The good people of the upper midwest (i.e.-Minnesota, Wisconsin) are laughing so hard at Kansas right now, as am I. Because SMSD is closed, so is Christopher's school, hence my utter frustration. The roads are fine. The plows actually arrived before noon today. No excuses.

We may be playing in snowdrifts all day tomorrow, but at least we'll be out of the house.

Sincerely,
The concerned parents of Johnson County

No comments: