Friday, August 20, 2010

"Jamie, Jamie!"

I'm not sure which one of us was the biggest fan of Jamie coming to visit--CJ, Kasey, or me--but suffice it to say, we all had a fabulous visit with my best friend from college! Chris was very happy to see Jamie, and he wanted to make sure she got to see all the popular 2 year-old hot spots. We visited Deanna Rose and introduced Jamie to the cows, goats, chickens, and various others who live there. The weather finally cooled down that day so it was nice to meander through the farmstead without sweating. We also took Jamie to the gym and the trail and dined with her at Ingredient, one of our favorite eateries. Kasey, of course, loved all the extra attention she received from Jamie who was certainly missing her puppy, Zeus. And Mommy and Jamie talked up a storm! Christopher was not always happy about this but considering he is two, he did very well and put up with it. Jamie and I got out to have dinner and see Eat, Pray, Love (because, honestly, it's a chick flick and not one Daddy probably wanted to see). We have always been big Julia Roberts fans and Jamie is the only person I know who doesn't get mad at me when I start reciting lines from Pretty Woman--in fact, she usually joins in! Anyway, it was a great visit and we miss Jamie already. We're looking forward to seeing her again soon! And here is a cute shot she got of me and CJ...

No comments: