Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Dogs

Holly sure looks guilty doesn't she? Well, she should because she gave everyone quite the adventure this morning. Wednesday mornings are the one day a week that Brian works out with a trainer in the early morning so it was just the boys and I for awhile. I was getting breakfast ready and I let the dogs out to do their business. Yesterday, Holly was really interested in the corner of our fence. There was probably some creature that she smelled and when that happens, there is almost no stopping her. I called the dogs in and Athena came but no Holly. This is not too unusual, so I went to the door, shook a bag of treats and called her again. Nothing. I went out back and looked in all corners of the yard. No Holly. I climbed the fence to look out over our neighbors yards and called her. Still no Holly. I was attempting to remain calm, the boys are in their pajama tops and underwear, breakfast is just about ready on the counter, and Chris is freaking out. So I loaded the boys in the car (in said underwear) and started driving around the neighborhood with the windows open, calling Holly. We called Brian who left the gym early to help us (thank you!) and stopped to ask people walking if they'd seen a white dog with a black head and a heart shaped spot on her side. Nothing. Long story short, we came back home and I climbed the fence again and happened to see her in our catty-corner neighbor's backyard, sniffing away in their hostas. Well, Brian was just about home by then so I left the boys and went around the corner in the car to get her. Thank goodness all of our neighbors have fenced in yards too and thank goodness that neighbor's yard wasn't locked. Anyway, Holly is in the doghouse with me right now, although Chris is asking me not to be too upset with her, sweet boy. She is currently under strict supervision while going outside and I have a plywood--log--heavy rock--rectangular planter set-up in the corner by the hole in the fence until we can get it repaired. Amazingly, everyone was able to eat breakfast and get to school on time!

No comments: